Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Microsoft Addresses a MAJOR Issue I have with Exchange 2007's OWA

Ehlo All,

I heard great news last week that addresses the reduced set of functionality in Exchange 2007's Outlook Web Access. Exchange 14's OWA will be support 3 browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. I did a triple-take when I read it the first time. Y-E-S. 3 browsers supported in E14's OWA. No decision on which platform for these browsers since they are dual platform apps.

I actually lost functionality in upgrading to the latest greatest version of Exchange 2007 from 2003. OWA Basic in 2003 supported access to Public Folders, in OWA Lite (aka Basic mode), access disappeared. Thankfully enough people complained that Microsoft is planning according to a Exchange rockstar Paul Robichaux, aka Exchange MVP. You can read the full article by Paul here & his reference to the MS blog that announced this amazing information.

I'll definitely be upgrading to E14 when it's released. And adios to ActiveX for OWA. There won't be a wet eye in my house for this loss.

-Ben

No comments: